Monday, June 27, 2011

Question of the Week

This week I had an interesting experience that got me thinking....  One night while I was eating dinner with my family, the doorbell rang.  I got up to answer it and found two girls who live in my neighborhood with a tray of cupcakes.  They were selling them to raise money for the local animal shelter.  I thought that was so awesome that they were using their extra time this summer to help make the world a better place.  So, it got me thinking that I need to do more of that this summer, and I need your help.  So, here is your question of the week:

Some people choose to use their time to make the world a better place.  It could be in small ways like planting a tree, helping a neighbor, keeping a positive attitude, or promising to use less paper at home.  :)  What are your ideas for how we can make the world a better place this summer? 

As always, I look forward to hearing from you!  :)  

10 comments:

H28 said...

I would leave the windows open to let air in although today we needed fans! Can you put the class list on the side so we can remember whos who but if you don't get what i'm saying just do the letter and number in class order so we can remember who's who like N1 B2 J3 L4 J5 A6 I think it goes in that order (maybe) It would help thanks!

j27 said...

use the back of paper instead of another sheet of paper.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E9 said...

aww that is nice it is e9 from mrs.wagners class and you can help the world by washing your clothes and haging them out side and anway i kinda have 2 anyway becuse my dryer broke and i hope it is ok if i post here 2

M13 said...

Once I helped my dad pick up trash on the side of the road. It wasn't very fun.

A25 said...

I've been opening windows to let mother natures air conditioners in stead of machines.;D I excited cause I got 4 state times and maybe 5 state times!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A25 said...

Hey Mrs.Sauber I forgot whens the picnic?

Mrs. Sauber said...

Wow! Great ideas, guys! I'm using my computer for my grocery list this summer to reduce the amount of paper I'm using. I'm also researching ways I can do my lesson plans on-line next year so that I can save even more paper. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your ideas!

Mrs. Sauber said...

E9, welcome to our blog!!! Of course you are welcome to post here! We are glad to have you. :)

Mrs. Sauber said...

A25- The picnic is in the middle of July. I can't post the exact details on the blog, but send me an e-mail if you can't find the info and I'll fill you in. I am really looking forward to seeing you all there!!! :)

A6 said...

I have a really big garden that me and my dad did.